Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change Color of description element name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Katachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Color of description element name
    Posted: 2014 Jul 29 at 11:16am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   13 
Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hi there,

is it possible to change the color of a single description element's name (in the AM)?

Thanks
NiklasR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NiklasR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2014 Jul 29 at 11:25am
The color? Are you referring to the selection state of a description element?
Katachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Katachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2014 Jul 29 at 11:33am
I am referring to the color of the name displayed, explicitly the text/font color. Is it possible? I couldn't find anything in the description docs though.

Edited by Katachi - 2014 Jul 29 at 11:34am
NiklasR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NiklasR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2014 Jul 29 at 11:49am
I don't think it's possible. Did you see this in Cinema 4D somewhere before (despite the
description element selection)?
Katachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Katachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2014 Jul 29 at 11:55am
No not really. I just need that functionality now. I thought as we are able to change name colors in a tree view there might be a chance that there is something for the AM as well.

But ok, thanks anyway for the quick help!
RenatoT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RenatoT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 25 at 8:17pm
Hi All :)

Would be very useful for us to have a chance to change any description element color and the color background of group.
NiklasR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NiklasR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 26 at 8:07pm
If you really want to do it, I suppose you could implement a Custom GUI plugin which shows another
DescriptionCustomGui and use SubDialog::GetDefaultColor() to change colors. Note 100% sure if that'll
work though, and again you wouldn't be able to control the color of a specific parameter. Additionally,
you would need to solve the riddle on how to hide the Parameter Name with your Custom GUI in your
object's main description (like a Button does not show the label on the left, but instead on top).

That's the only thing remotely close to a solution that I can think of, Haha Geek

Edited by NiklasR - 2017 Nov 26 at 8:07pm
RenatoT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RenatoT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 27 at 12:29am
:)

I was thinking at something like this: DESC_BACK_COLOR and DESC_TEXT_COLOR in the parameter container.

;)
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 27 at 6:14am
Hi,

as Niklas mentioned before, this is not possible (at least without hacks or awkward workarounds).
Also it would be pretty uncommon in Cinema 4D's UI, something we usually discourage to do, in order to keep a consistent user experience.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
RenatoT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RenatoT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 28 at 9:35am
Thanks Andrea.
 Post Reply Post Reply