Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GVO and tool input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Katachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GVO and tool input
    Posted: 2016 Apr 18 at 3:16am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   15+ 
Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hi,

I have an object plugin with spline child input but I would like it to only evaluate my code in GVO if the user is not moving or editing the spline's vertices. What is the correct way to do this and is this valid at all?

Thanks!
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2016 Apr 19 at 11:05am
Hello Samir,

I guess, you'd like to speed up user interaction by not updating your generated object. While you could check for example the dirty state of the spline child, you will run into problems, as this somewhat contradicts Cinema's event system. The most obvious problem will be, that there won't be an event, when the user finishes modifying the spline. So your GVO won't be called and you won't get a chance to finally update your object.
There may be dirty workarounds for this situation, but I'd rather not suggest these as an official solution. Sorry.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
Katachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Katachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2016 Apr 19 at 11:18am
Thanks Andreas.

I have an alternative up my sleeve already but thought I'd check first (would have meant much less work).

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply