Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plugin alwas has shader GUI no matter what I do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote C4D_PlgnStrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plugin alwas has shader GUI no matter what I do
    Posted: 2017 Jun 17 at 9:10am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   18 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

I am trying to write a simple object plugin. My problem is that the object of my plugin it always has the shader GUI. I have very carefully put an *.res and *.h file into \res\description. But it does not matter what I write into it. Actually if I delete the file altogether, I still get the same shader GUI. I also have checked multiple times that the string of RegisterObjectPlugin's "description" parameter matches the filename.

In the console of C4D I get an error that says "Description Error: OMyPluginTest is already registered". This does not make any sense to me, since there is no other plugin with that name. Also the message corresponds to what I write into the "description" parameter, and it seems I can put essentially any random name there and I still get the same message.

I am completely clueless where the error as well as the shader GUI comes from.
Thanks for your help.
spedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote spedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 17 at 10:53am
Did you get a unique plugin ID from Maxon? Because if you used one of the 'test' IDs that you can use when prototyping a plugin, that will give you the error if another plug has used it too. It isn't the name that matters, it's the plugin ID which must be unique.

Steve
C4D_PlgnStrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote C4D_PlgnStrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 17 at 11:35am
Yes I did, but apparently I used that one somewhere else? I don't know. Anyway, I changed it and it works now.

Thank you for your help.
c4dJack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote c4dJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 19 at 12:32am
Maybe you have two binaries in your plugin's folder? It happens to me sometimes that I do my first build before doing further adjustments to the project file, so I get something like "cinema4dsdk.dylib", and then later I change the product name in the project, build again, and also get "myplugin.dylib". Cinema tries to register plugins from both binaries, but - of course - fails with one of them.

Edited by c4dJack - 2017 Jun 19 at 12:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply