Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GeDialog Titlebar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote C4DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GeDialog Titlebar
    Posted: 2017 Jun 29 at 11:33pm

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R18 
Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
Language(s):     C++  ;   PYTHON  ; 

---------

Hi again,
Something that has bothered me a while ago which I couldn't find a solution for and never dared to ask. Not a big issue, but since we're end of June I'd still like to learn something new on this last schoolday.

A GeDialog shows its title bar by default. With SetTitle one is able to set the text in this title bar. But, apparently, Cinema 4D allows some windows to enable/disable viewing this said title bar.
The viewports do, as are the dialogs of commanddata plugins. But the Console and Object Manager windows do not allow this (option is grayed out).
I was wondering if this functionality to show/hide the title bar is accessible from C++ (and/or Python)?

thanks

Edited by C4DS - 2017 Jun 29 at 11:34pm
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 30 at 1:54am
Hi,

actually all dialogs behave exactly the same in this regard. The "Show Window Title" option is being grayed out, if the dialog is docked for example into a "tabbed group". In this case the title gets shown on the tab and thus can not be hidden.
Try it yourself, rip off the OM and dock it to another place in the layout, it will have a window title and the title can be hidden like any other dialog's title.
This functionality is part of the layout system and can not be influenced by a GeDialog.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
C4DS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote C4DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 30 at 2:52am
Oh, I see. Didn't notice the Console and Object Manager were in a tabbed group. That makes sense now.

Back to the original question then. Is it possible to programmatically show/hide the window title (when not in tabbed group)?
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 30 at 4:37am
Nope, that's what I wanted to say with my last sentence. Sorry for not being clear.
Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
C4DS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote C4DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jun 30 at 4:45am
Thanks for clearing this up.
I misunderstood your reply as that the graying out was not possible via GeDialog.

All clear now, thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply