Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible to clone a doc excluding polygons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Aaron94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible to clone a doc excluding polygons?
    Posted: 2017 Sep 22 at 2:14pm

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R17 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hi all!

Is it possible to clone a document with everything (objects, matrices, tags, materials) but without polygon objects? No vertices, normals and etc.
I have played with some flags (NO_ASSETS or etc.) of GetClone() but haven't found such a behaviour.

Btw, the full GetClone(doc) is pretty fast, 1GB/sec on my CPU, but I would like to get some more optimization for trivial scene updating cases.
knickknack View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote knickknack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Sep 25 at 9:35am
Hi Aaron, thanks for writing us.

With reference to your request there's actually no flags usable to force the C4DAtom::GetClone() method behaving the way you're expecting to get. I also fear that any other (less-trivial) approach might result slower than cloning the whole scene, because thinking loud i could or cloning and then delete the unwanted data or copy only the desired data while traversing the scene... but both these could be easily way slower than how the C4DAtom::GetClone() method is designed.

Best, Riccardo
MAXON Computer GmbH
SDK Support Team
Aaron94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aaron94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Sep 25 at 11:04am
Hi Ricardo,
I wanted to clone a part of scene excluding the heavy data such as poly vertices only in case when I know for sure that just some instances (using transformation matrix) are moving. 
I recommend you to consider this small optimization opportunity for future releases of C4D.
 Post Reply Post Reply