Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

debugger critical stop ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: debugger critical stop ??
    Posted: 2017 Oct 05 at 1:01pm

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   r18 
Platform:      
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

i am trying to debug my plugin, because i am experiencing strange crashes. however, i am bugged by endless messages -> ge_container.h(247): CRITICAL: Stop

interesting thing is, that when debugging i can change the value that otherwise causes a crash... any ideas how to get rid of those critical stops?
___
... now that i know how to use the debugger its much more fun
wbeh View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wbeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Oct 05 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by ello

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   r18 
Platform:      
Language(s):    
C++  ;   

---------

i am trying to debug my plugin, because i am experiencing strange crashes. however, i am bugged by endless messages -> ge_container.h(247): CRITICAL: Stop
interesting thing is, that when debugging i can change the value that otherwise causes a crash... any ideas how to get rid of those critical stops?

Please not that this message doesn't indicate a crash, but a debugger break - the issue reported here can of course trigger a later crash (depending on your code). The messge is trown because your plugin code tried to get a vector from a BaseContainer entry which isn't stored as a Vector.

Fixing that BaseContainer access problem (by either requesting the proper type or really storing a Vector in the BaseContainer) will avoid the critical stops.

Best regards,

Wilfried
 Post Reply Post Reply