Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get non-control objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote peterakos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get non-control objects
    Posted: 2017 Nov 07 at 12:30am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R17 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hello.

I have to parse the document's hierarchy in order to do an operation in every non-control objects.
I need to ignore control objects such as children of cloners and arrays.
The problem is that GetBit(BIT_CONTROLOBJECT) returns true even for Null objects (non-control objects).
Since, they are not part of any array or cloner, shouldn't they return false in GetBit(BIT_CONTROLOBJECT) ?

Thank you.
knickknack View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote knickknack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 07 at 8:19am
Hi Peterakos, thanks for writing us.

I've tried to replicate here your situation but I'm not be able to make a Null Object (not pinned under any generator )to have the BIT_CONTROLOBJECT set. Could you please shed a light on how to replicate the situation? Do you actually have a test scene showing the issue?

At the same BIT_CONTROLOBJECT could be set (or unset) in the middle of a scene execution pipeline. For example if you're running an ObjectData and you're traversing the scene it could happen that some of the objects you encounter, might not yet have been evaluated resulting in an unpredictable state of the BIT_CONTROLOBJECT. Could it be your case?

Last but not least, i warmly suggest to give the "C++ SDK - Active Object Dialog" plugin a go being it a useful tool when scene traversal topics take place.

Best, Riccardo
MAXON Computer GmbH
SDK Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply