Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

area size callback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote peterakos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: area size callback
    Posted: 2017 Nov 09 at 6:43am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R18 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hello.
I have a GeUserArea in a GeDialog.
Since hte user area is scalable, I need to know its size every time the dialog is resized. So, I listen to BFM_SIZED in dialog's Message(....).

But, the very first call of BFM_SIZED message occurs before dialog's InitValues meaning I get 0 area size.
It this normal ?
Thank you.
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 10 at 2:27am
Hi,

can you please explain, why you need to listen to BFM_SIZED in the dialog? Actually implementing GeUserArea::Sized() should be enough.
Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
gr4ph0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr4ph0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 10 at 2:38am
According the original question from op. Sized() also return 0 the first time. But for me is not an issue, it's pretty logical.

Since at the start everything is nothing. And if you care about size that mean you are doing some dynamic thing, so you can check if it's not zero or simply do not care and your algorithm for dynamic things will handle it very easily ! :)
Technical lover.
 Post Reply Post Reply