Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline frame interval values

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WickedP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timeline frame interval values
    Posted: 2017 Nov 21 at 6:20pm

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R14 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hi folks,

are there any algorithms (or code!) available I can use to help in drawing frame markers on a custom timeline? I'm wanting to put in frame markers but would also like to add in frame numbers in a pattern or at intervals that's easy to read. I'm for all intents and purposes wanting to create the same markings as in the timeline, reference image here.

I'm not trying to recreate the timeline function as a whole, only the numbering and frame marker display draw. Cheers,

WP.
WickedP® Developer
http://www.wickedp.com
gr4ph0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr4ph0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 22 at 1:29am
In which context are you? GeDialog? Or Using a custom CtrackData?
If you are in a GeDialog your best bet is to make a GeUserArea, if you are in a CtrackData you get the Draw method wich give you a GeclipMap where you can draw.

Othertwise If you draw something inside the Full timeline, i'm not sure it' will be also displayed on the "tiny timeline" of your screen.

Other suggestion, you can easily create marker, with custom color but maybe you want your own?

Edited by gr4ph0s - 2017 Nov 22 at 1:31am
Technical lover.
WickedP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WickedP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 22 at 2:05am
Hi gr4ph0s,

I already have a user area (in a dialog). I'm fairly adept with the drawing. It's the calculating of the markers and frames at intervals along the timeline (draw area). I'm after an algorithm that might help accomplish this.

How are the markers and frame numbers calculated in the normal timeline for instance? I can get the frame min and max. And hence I know the frame count. But they're not drawing every frame number. I think in the example they draw every second frame as a number? Sometimes it's 5, sometimes it's 10.

How are they calculating these? Is there an algorithm for this that would help?

WP.
WickedP® Developer
kuroyume0161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kuroyume0161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Nov 22 at 5:11am
You're best bet would be to find algorithms geared towards drawing graphs with tick-marks and intervallic numbers.  There are definitely algorithms where the number of ticks and numbers can be set and display determined by the space available between two points (either pixels or other units).
WickedP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WickedP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Dec 03 at 11:06pm
Thanks Robert, 

have done some searching and playing around with your suggestions and managed to come up with the following:

Will serve my needs for now! Thanks,

WP.
WickedP® Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply