Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > PYTHON Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHANGE WIREFRAMECOLOR PER OBJECT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote douds75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHANGE WIREFRAMECOLOR PER OBJECT
    Posted: 2017 Dec 05 at 7:42am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R18 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):       PYTHON  ; 

---------

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to define a specific color for the wireframe for separate object.
The main idea and goal is to get the same result as put objects in layer color mode and be in Lines mode in the viewport. But if you go on Gouraud Shading, the object itself have the color layer. 

What I want to achieve is 

first : Change Wireframe Color without affecting the shading in Gouraud Shading (for ex: Grey Shading for all object but different colors wireframes )

2nd : Create object with random wire color when creating new object. 

3thrd : Select SameWireColorObject so if you get multiple objects with same wirecolor ,you can select them in one click. 

I don't know if it is possible, and how hard it is to achieved. 
Thank you for your help, 

Best Regards
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Dec 06 at 5:44am
Hi,

welcome to the Plugin CafĂ© forums Smile

As you have specified Python as language, I have moved this thread to the Python sub-forum.

Unfortunately I have nothing really I can offer to you. You are already aware of the Display Color parameter of objects. But as you already know, this can only be used to color the wire frame in "Lines" mode. We see no way to change the color of the wire frame in other display modes.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
douds75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote douds75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Dec 06 at 8:38am
Hi, 

Thank you for you help and sorry for the wrong place Clap

Ok, yes I was thinking that something with the BaseDraw could do the job. So if I understand what you said, there is no way to change color of the  wire frame with Python at the moment. 

Best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply