Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to create installing package

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote amlendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to create installing package
    Posted: 2018 Mar 23 at 4:08am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R19 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

I am developing a cinema4D plugin using the visual studio and programming language is C++. This plugin is work but when I copy the Myplugin.cdl64 and res in another system at the following path "C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D R19 Demo\plugins\Myplugin'. It is not showing in cinema4D. 

I want to know how to create a package for the cinema4d.

knickknack View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote knickknack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 Mar 26 at 2:53am
Hi Amlendra, thanks for writing us.

With reference to your question, unfortunately I can't be of any great help without further details:
1) What's your Visual Studio version?
2) Is Windows OS equal on the two systems?
3) Do you have any library or dll referenced in your code which is found on the development machine and maybe missing on the destination machine?
4) Might any file on the destination machine missing reading attributes?
5) Are you actually using, on the destination machine, a release build and NOT a debug one? (in the second case you might be missing the c++ debug dll runtimes)

Last but not least, with Cinema 4D, there's no "plugin installing package" to create or to take care of: just copying the compiled plugin and the res folder does the trick

Best, Riccardo

Edited by knickknack - 2018 Mar 26 at 2:55am
MAXON Computer GmbH
SDK Support Team
xNWP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote xNWP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 Apr 09 at 8:45pm
A follow-up to anyone else experiencing this issue, make sure you are compiling in release as knickknack suggested. If you've made your own project (and not cloned the sdk) then what you'll need to make sure you're doing is building a Multithreaded DLL not a Multithreaded Debug DLL. The debug form will require any system running it has the necessary debugging symbols installed (unlikely unless they are also using visual studio). The setting can be found in the property pages > C/C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library.

You'll want debug when debugging (naturally) and non-debug when releasing, try not to release a debug dll by accident !!! (I've definitely done it Tongue)

--
Part of the Half-Life Advanced Effects Team (https://www.advancedfx.org/)
I make stuff for Source-Engine moviemaking :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply