Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CheckCoreMessage returns always false

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote peterakos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CheckCoreMessage returns always false
    Posted: 2018 Apr 23 at 1:47am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R18 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;   

---------

Hello.

In a custom thread, I call SpecialEventAdd(id, p1, p2) and I have a dialog that is supposed to process this event. 
The problem is that for some reason CheckCoreMessage returns false even thought the event has not been already processed. 
What can I do to properly handle the special event ? 

Thank you.

Edited by peterakos - 2018 Apr 23 at 1:48am
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 Apr 24 at 7:36am
Hi,

hard to say, but maybe it helps to provide some background info.

SpecialEventAdd() posts an event into a queue. In certain intervals in the main thread these events will be processed and distributed. When doing so, the events get a timestamp (a counter in BFM_CORE_UNIQUEID). This timestamp is identical for all events distributed in one interval.

CheckCoreMessage() checks a timestamp of the event and stores it in a member variable of the GeDialog (if ownlastcoremsg parameter is not provided).
This might already be an issue in your case. For example, if a bunch of events pile up, only the first would pass CheckCoreMessage() as all following would have the same timestamp (even though the events are of different type).

A solution may be to do CheckCoreMessage() based on event type and store the last timestamp on your own (via ownlastcoremsg parameter).

Let me know, if this helped.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply