Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where to report vulnearbilities?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NEON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to report vulnearbilities?
    Posted: 2018 May 28 at 2:44am
Hello PluginCafe,

so yesterday I was thinking about how I could make my plugins more secure. 
After a while I got to the exact opposite where I tried to "crack" my own plugin to see how secure they where. And I found a major vulnearbility within Cinema4D. With that I mean that I was able to get the complete source-code of a encrypted python plugin.
I won't go into detail now, for obvious reasons, but what I want to know is where to report such cases to?

The normal Maxon support? 
Or is there a specific place to report to? Since it is largly plugin related I thought I ask here.

Best regards, 
Florian
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 May 29 at 6:56am
Hello Florian,

as our user documentation mentions, the source protection is not a 100% secure encryption. To quote the docs: "It offers low-level protection, which can be circumvented by those with corresponding technical know-how."
That said, you may still have found an undesired issue. In this case feel free to simply write us an email (sdk_support@maxon.net) describing the issue in more detail.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply