Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > Bug Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

c4d.utils.GeRayCollider

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SteveJLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: c4d.utils.GeRayCollider
    Posted: 2018 Jun 11 at 12:08am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   R18 
Platform:      
Language(s):       

---------

I noticed that when the Collider is a subdivided polygon, a raycast falling on a vertex of that polygon collider get marked as 'not colliding'.
Andreas Block View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andreas Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 Jun 11 at 8:38am
Hi,

I'm sorry, due to MAXON's yearly developer meeting, we are a bit low on resources this week. Can you maybe provide me with a more detailed description, how to reproduce? Maybe even some code? That would be super helpful.

Cheers,
Andreas
SDK Support Engineer
SteveJLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SteveJLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2018 Jun 16 at 12:33pm
Hello, I continued working on it and do not have the python script or the original setup of the c4d  file, however I am afraid that the problem came from the fact that the point I was checking, and the collider had the same elevation ( the point was in the plane of the collider). I spend a good amount of troubleshooting to figure this one out . Two identical planes had different outcomes as to if their points collided or not with the collider. And of course it worked perfect the first time so the problem had to be somewhere else Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply