Plugin Cafe Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plugin Cafe > SDK Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polygon Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polygon Selection
    Posted: 2003 Jun 24 at 9:29am

User Information:

Cinema 4D Version:   8.100 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s):     C++  ;  

---------

Hi,

I have a Material with a selection and want to figure out which polygons are in the selction and then I need the the edges or thew points of this polygons that I can compare them with other points. I tried it with the neighbor class and with the BaseSelect->GetRange(...).

But it isn't working right. the think is that I make a triangulation with the objects before I do this detection. Is it possible that because of this trianguilation the numbers of the polygons and faces are changed only by the object but not by the selection tag.

I tried it since two days but I don't find a sulution.

Is there any trick with the selections.

Cathleen

Cat
Mikael Sterner View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikael Sterner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2003 Jun 24 at 12:20pm

How do you do the triangulation? (MCOMMAND_TRIANGULATE should translate the tag, otherwise it looks like a bug, while of course Triangulate() cannot since it's only got the polygons.)

Also, a suggestion would be to try with a small sample of just one or two quadrangle. Then you'll immediately know if the faces are reindexed.

Mikael Sterner
Developer Support
 Post Reply Post Reply